|Season 1, Episode 8, Segment 1|
|Air date||October 3rd, 2003|
|Directed by||Rob Renzetti|
The Boy Who Cried Robot
I Was a Preschool Dropout
Write the text of your article here!
Before there was XJ-9, there was XJ-8, and before her, there was XJ-7, XJ-6, XJ-5, XJ-4, XJ-3, XJ-2 and finally, XJ-1. When Jenny finds and reactivates her sisters, she is beyond happy. But each sister has her own personality, and not all of them have the same level of friendliness that Jenny has. Still, sisters can be counted on, right?
- Jenny: And this is XJ8. She's the closest to me in age, but she's still my little sister.
XJ8: It would appear that I am larger than you, therefore I am the bigger sister, and you are the little sister. The puny, scrawny, inferior--
Jenny: Yeah, ok, really, but she still looks up to me.
XJ8: Actually, since I am taller than you...
- XJ8: This human was blindfolded and was using a stick type weapon to vandalize a colorful paper pig. Jenny: (annoyed) Ohh, it's a game, XJ8!
- Jenny: After all the bad stuff I said...
XJ8: That's what sisters are for.
XJ6: Oil is thicker than water.
XJ4: But so much harder to get out of a carpet.
XJ5: A few harsh words aren't going to break up the XJs!
- (after noticing XJ8) Brad: Jenny?
Jenny: Hey guys, I'd like you to meet my sisters!
Brad: But we thought you were an only child?
Jenny: Me too. Guess mom was holding out on me!
- Jenny: This little sweetie is XJ1. (XJ-1 starts crying) Somebody needs her oil changed!
- Jenny: Hey XJ7, what's got you down?
XJ7: Oh, life, the universe, everything.
- Mrs. Wakeman: Good night XJ1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. And, good night XJ10!
Wakeman: Kidding. Just kidding!
- XJ5: XJ1, grease the slice! XJ8, use your muscle! XJ2, do your stuff! Tidy up, XJ4! OK, XJ3, check the workmanship!
- When Jenny was reading the note left by Dr. Wakeman, at the end she read "Love, Mom." But it actually said "Yours, Wakeman." Additionally, according to the note, Dr. Wakeman left motor oil for XJ9 in case she got thristy. When we see her drinking it, however, it's actually a can of WD-40, an abrasive.
- Technically speaking, XJ9 is the youngest in the XJ series, and XJ1 is the oldest, because XJ1 was built first.
- XJ-7 is voiced by Audrey Wasilewski, who also voices Tuck.
- This episode reunites Janice Kawaye and Kath Soucie, both of whom voice Gi and Linka in Captain Planet and the Planeteers.